Oracle concurrence control

From: <weicai_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 18:22:42 GMT

hi, All

I have developed a multi user web based database system. but I have one problem I can not solve. How to handle concurrence control

For example, I have one room for many people to book, I can first check if the time slot has been booked or not. If it is not booked, then you can book the room at the time slot successfully.

If one person checked the time slot is Ok, but the system did not insert the new booking immediately. Another person also check the time and find it is ook. Later on, the system insert both booking and cause double booking for the same time slot.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a hand on this.

thanks and have a wonderful holiday.

Wei

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 12:22:42 CST