Re: miliseconds since 1970 something

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 08:26:03 -0500

A copy of this was sent to buurd_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:37:59 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi!
>How do i get Oracle server to format a date to the number of
>miliseconds since 1970 something (a standardvalue used in Java). I
>think i could save some cpu cycles on my appserver by doing this
>translatation in the database, i'll guess the database have to do some
>translation work anyway so why not to this value...
>
>Tia

I think you mean the number of seconds -- not milliseconds?

If so, see
http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/Misc/CTime.html

btw: Java doesn't use the number of seconds since 1970 typically -- you would use Date or Calendar objects typically...

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Dec 28 1999 - 07:26:03 CST