Re: Very new to Oracle

From: John Chiu <johnymc_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 07:35:10 -0500

Setting up new database in machine B from machine A: For machine A:
  alter database backup control file to trace   edit the trace file and put in all necessary information about the database name, directory of the database files etc.   full database export. This is the database creation script for machine B   copy the export binary file and the edited trace file to machine B. For Machine B:
  run the database creation script.
  full database import with ignore=y.

HTH John Chiu