Re: Database slowdown

From: <rstrouss_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 06:01:36 GMT

Interesting. We just upgraded from 7.3.2 to 7.3.4 and everyone has complained about a general slowdown of all apps. We asked Oracle and they gave us a generic answer about doing a tuning session. We think it's a bug in the Rule Based Optimizer. One of our developers showed be an Explain Plan from a 7.3.2 and a 7.3.4 of the same database and they are different. We're testing 7.3.4.5 right now to see if it helps.