Re: SGA size and ipcs information differ on Oracle/Linux

From: Michael Ju. Tokarev <mjt_at_tls.msk.ru>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 22:23:12 +0300

root wrote:

> We create an Oracle database with approximatively 5Mb of SGA.
> "Show sga" report us 5Mb but all others tools like gtop, top
> and mainly ipcs report us that we have 25Mb of shared memory.
>
> Does anyone encountoured this problem on Linux ?
>
> Thank's

Top etc report total memory usage that is sum of data and code (e.g. executables). And Oracle's memory consists not only from sga. See shared_pool_size, large_pool_size, java_pool_size, db_block_buffers, log_buffers etc etc, and note that "show sga" command lists only some of them.

P.S. 5Mb is very small, at least for 8.x... Received on Mon Dec 27 1999 - 13:23:12 CST