Re: Oracle 8.i listener and multiple NICs

From: Stephen Tenberg <STenberg_at_fcs-usa.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:49:33 -0500

To provide more information - The listener works fine from 1 nic card.

When I access it from the second NIC card, I don't see any errors in the trace file. Its as if the request comes in, Oracle tries to start a session, but then is unable to, on the second NIC card. I get either a timeout or a protocol error.

Because of the way sockets work on NT, I am wondering if I am supposed to mention the second address in the listener.ora, or even start a whole new listener. (Not sure if an NT program can listen on the same socket on two separate NICS?) There doesn't seem to be anything in the admin manual on this.

Steve