Oracle Names Server

From: Bruno Jargot <bjargot_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 22:27:45 +0100

We have a lot of Oracle bases dispersed on several site and managed by several dba.
The maintaining of the tnsnames.ora begin to be problematical.

We think that Oracle Names Server could resolve our problems by allowing a descentralized administration.

But one person have heard that Oracle will unsupported Names Server in future release. I've read the same in this newsgroup.

First, what's the truth ?
Second, are they any other solution to make more easy the administration of the tnsnames.ora ?

Thanks in advance for any answers,