Re: Help wanted - Hangs up when creating index

From: Zhiqi Shen <zq_shen_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 18:57:24 -0800

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your help. But how to release the lock. I found sometimes it is waiting for library cache lock and sometimes it is waiting for latch free event. I don't know how to release them.

Sometimes somebody simply interupted the oracle session left a unix process there which is still holding the locks and resources. How do you handle such problems?

Any comments from other people?

Regards
Lane