Re: Disallow use of SYSTEM rollback segment

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 19:41:41 GMT

In article <83vd11$nnv$1_at_coco.singnet.com.sg>,   "Joseph Chia" <blackeye_at_singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone tell me how to disallow normal transactions from using the
SYSTEM
> rollback segment?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Joe

As a rule Normal transactions do not use the system rollback segment as they are assigned to a 'normal' rbs segment. Oracle uses the system rbs segment to keep track of system level activities. There was a note in the 7.3 version of the documentation that implied that the system rbs could be used to support normal transactions in some circumstances. If my memory is correct if had to do with having too few rbs segments.

What are you seeing that makes you believe normal transactions are using the system rbs segment?
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 24 1999 - 13:41:41 CST