Re: HELP! Can't connect to Oracle Server via NT/VC++/ADO: ORA-00000: normal, successful completion

From: Bandoba <bandoba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:30:03 GMT

Hi,

I had same problem few days before. But I am not sure what we did to solve it. Anyway, I will suggest MS Oracle ODBC driver, Ver 2.73.x. I am using it and there is no problem in connecting.

The new version should be available from latest MDAC. If not tell me and I can send u the DLLs required (which u can just put in WinNT\System32).

HTH.
Yateendra

Emmanuel KARTMANN wrote:

> I'm trying to connect to an Oracle Server via ADO and when I call the
> Connection.Open method,
> I have an exception thrown (_com_error object; I'm using VC++ with
#import
> "msado1.5.dll") and the error message makes no sense:
>
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-00000: normal, successful
> completion
>
> I've found an article which talks about a similar problem:
> Q183345 - ORA-00000 Error Message with ASP, MTS, and Connection
Pooling

> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/3/45.ASP?
LNG=ENG&SA=PE