Re: resetting password for any schema from system

From: MohammedB <mohammedbNOmoSPAM_at_iadb.org.invalid>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:58:33 -0800

In article <38626D6D.F1A7BD1F_at_sabre.com>, Sanjeev Sagar <sanjeev.sagar_at_sabre.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
> Platform : Hp-ux 10 , oracle 7.3.4
> Here I'm trying to write a script for resetting the passwords
> for all
> the ids from production to a development box. The only way I can
> think
> of is taking the password field from dba_users and resetting for
> each
> username or user_id. But its not working for me.
> Any thoughts in this directions will be appreciated.
> thanks

I'm assuming you already have the users created in your dev box and just need to reset the passwords. On your prod box spool the output from the following to a file:

select 'alter user '||username||' identified by values ''' ||password|| ''';'
from dba_users
/

Take the spool file output and run in your dev box.

hth

mkb