Re: Configuring Oracle Server for remote access in a specific port range?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:05:04 +0100

I wouldn't do that using MTS. You have two alternatives: 1 configure protocol.ora on the server. In this you can include and exclude both nodes and ports
2 (I'm not share whether this already applies to 8.0) use shared_sockets_true in sqlnet.ora on the server. In this case sqlnet will use only one port (usually either 1521 or 1526)

MTS is only used if you have more than 50 or 100 clients simultaneously.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA