Memory requirements for Enterprise 2000 to run O8i

From: Vadim <spumxxx-vxl6_at_pge.com>
Date: 23 Dec 1999 20:38:21 GMT

We are planing to install new Oracle 8i database to the new Enterprise 2000 with two CPU.
Our DBA told us that we need to have 2Gig of memory (min) to start running Oracle 8i. It looks like overkill for us.

What the min memory we need to start using the DB? I know that the more that better but we need to start with something and we can add more memory latter on.

Thanks,
please response directly to me and remove spumxxx- from the return address.