Re: ORA-01033

From: Doug Dahlke <dougd_at_shieldsbag.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:16:25 -0800

Hi Donald,
  the ora-01033 message indicates the the database is being shutdown. Sounds like the database failed recovery. You need to find info on connecting with server manager and connect as database owner (connect internal) shutdown down the database and commence recovery proceedures. Any books you can find there about DBA proceedure should have that proceedure. Good luck.

Dug