Re: Standby Oracle 8i server as report server - Error!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 15:49:14 -0000

I haven't had this problem, but that might be a fluke. You can write to temporary tablespaces, you can even add data files to temporary tablespaces in the standby.

Strategy:

create temporary tablespace temp_proper tempfile '........' etc.

If the 'live' temp does not need to be as large as the 'standby/report' temp you can:

    alter tablespace temp_proper add tempfile '......' etc.

after starting up the standby in read only mode.

--

Jonathan Lewis
Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk