bad ratio in parse_calls to executions of SQL

From: Leonid Berezin <lberezin_at_net2phone.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:20:48 -0500

Platform: Oracle 7.3.4 on Solaris
I have a few queries that executes very often (1-2 millions times) and they are using bind variables. When I look into v$sqlarea I see that parse_calls for that statements is 2/3 of executions. The statements in question are executed both from database triggers and from the VB front end. Is there any recommendation on how to reduce the number of parses.

Thank's

       Leonid Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 09:20:48 CST