Re: Standby Oracle 8i server as report server - Error!

From: W J Parsons <w.parsons_at_leeds.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:57:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Alexander,
If I remember correctly, the feature that lets you open the Standby database "Read Only" really DOES mean read only. This is fine for small queries that can be processed in memory, but larger queries (with sorts or joins) will normally have to write to the TEMP tablespace while they are running.
This could well be the cause of your problem.

The only thing I could suggest is re-tuneing the instance so that you can process much lager sorts in memory before using the temp tablespace. (I think the SORT_AREA_... parameters would be a good place to start)

Hope this helps

Will Parsons

--

ISS UNIX support