Re: Important!!!

From: Bernard Polarski <bpolarsk_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:30:00 GMT

I have already done things like that. I used, apaches, perl for the CGI and perl DBI module + DBD 0.94 for Oracle to connect 8.0.5 and 7.3.4. It was on Linux and then on HP10.20 (PA RIKS II). so it is possible. It is very quick and full of fun. I then tried Web DB and it was full of pain, less flexible. However if you can master and accept WEBDB way, you will create quickly nice Apps. Perl is not easy to maintain when your web site grows, but flexibility has no limit.

bp

--
B.Polarski

http://www.geocities.com/bpolarsk
Email : bpolarsk_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 08:30:00 CST