Re: URGENT HELP WITH DATAFILE/ROLLBACK SEGEMENTS

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 13:02:14 GMT

try querying dba_data_files to see if the old RBS datafile is still in the data dictionary. If so, do an
ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '/oracle/sps6/rbs02.dbf' OFFLINE DROP; This will remove the entry from the data dictionary so you stop getting errors.

HTH,
Roy

In article <83rfnj$205l$1_at_nnrp01.ops.uunet.co.za>,   "Garsen Subramoney" <Garsen_at_netactive.co.za> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following problem.
>
> The situation I have is the following:
>
> A datafile used to store rollback segments has been removed from the
> operating system of the server (AIX). I have worked around this by
creating
> another set of rollbacks segs on a different datafile and in a
different
> tablespace.
>
> However when I do a select count(*) from all_tables I get the error:
> ORA-00376: file 12 cannot be read at this time
> ORA-01110: data file 12: '/oracle/sps6/rbs02.dbf'
>
> This datafile no longer exits on the operating system.
>
> When i do a
> "drop tablespace RBS02 including contents"
> i get the error
> "ORA-01548: active rollback segment 'RBS01' found, terminate dropping
> tablespace"
>
> when i do a "drop rollback segement RBS01"
> i get the error
> "ORA-01545: rollback segment 'RBS01' specified not available"
>
> when i query dba_rollback_segements i see that the status of the
rollback
> segment is in "NEEDS RECOVERY "
>
> Now the datafile for this rollback segement has been deleted so why is
it
> giving me this error
>
> does anyone know how i can get around it.
>
> Thanks a million

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 23 1999 - 07:02:14 CST