Re: Oracle on NT versious UNIX

From: Bent Mathiesen <bm_at_tli.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:07:02 +0100

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:14:58 -0800, blah <blah_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Of course an NT consultant is saying it's better to run on NT.
>Depends on what scalibility you need, as well as performance and reliability.

As mayooran say, "I do not wish to start ... war", I say the same.

But running all kind of application on NT, my experience say that it is only suitable/sane to run something critical on NT, by letting it run on it's own and don't touch it to much.

I have some possitive experience with SQL server (also only application on the NT).

Regarding Oracle, I can warmly recommend it for Unix. Been running it on AIX, Pyramid, HP, Solaris, ...

As a note can I tell that the HP had around 150 concurrently uses, running 24h/d for up to 6 months between shutdown - only nessesary when a new version of software within Oracle (from developers) made it nessesary.

And the HP was tested to be able to run 2000 simultanious users/processes in Oracle.

I have never had an NT running for 6 months - no matter what application.

Thats that...

/Bent