URGENT HELP WITH DATAFILE/ROLLBACK SEGEMENTS

From: Garsen Subramoney <Garsen_at_netactive.co.za>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 23:26:32 +0200

Hi

I have the following problem.

The situation I have is the following:

A datafile used to store rollback segments has been removed from the operating system of the server (AIX). I have worked around this by creating another set of rollbacks segs on a different datafile and in a different tablespace.

However when I do a select count(*) from all_tables I get the error: ORA-00376: file 12 cannot be read at this time ORA-01110: data file 12: '/oracle/sps6/rbs02.dbf'

This datafile no longer exits on the operating system.

When i do a
"drop tablespace RBS02 including contents"
i get the error
"ORA-01548: active rollback segment 'RBS01' found, terminate dropping
tablespace"

when i do a "drop rollback segement RBS01" i get the error
"ORA-01545: rollback segment 'RBS01' specified not available"

when i query dba_rollback_segements i see that the status of the rollback segment is in "NEEDS RECOVERY "

Now the datafile for this rollback segement has been deleted so why is it giving me this error

does anyone know how i can get around it.

Thanks a million Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 15:26:32 CST