RH6.0 + Oracle8i: UnsatisfiedLinkError

From: <edwald_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:13:07 GMT

I'm installing Oracle8i on RedHat 6.0 (Gnome, + enlightenment patch 0.15.5-37 as recommended by Oracle) and running JRE 1.1.6v5.

The ./runInstaller process starts up fine, I answer such questions as where I want the software deposited, and some way through the process it dies with:
  java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /tmp/OraInstall/libactionUnix151.so if I pick "Typical" install, but
  java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getenv if I choose either "Custom" or "Minimal" installation.

I have oodles of diskspace, lots of memory, have all rights to filesystems I'm using (but not running as root), etc. My downloaded '.tgz' file 'shipstd' is 262836224 bytes.

Thanks for any light on the matter,
Tryggvi Edwald

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 13:13:07 CST