Re: Oracle Server down (URGENT)

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 19:08:50 +0100

"ITB (India) Pvt. Ltd." wrote:
> I have installed Oracle8i server on Windows NT. My instance
> frequently goes down in-between giving following error in
> ALERT.log file. I don't know what it is.
> Wed Dec 22 16:17:55 1999
> Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3061
> Current log# 1 seq# 3061 mem# 0: D:\ORANT\O41D\REDO01.LOG
> Wed Dec 22 16:28:16 1999
> Thread 1 advanced to log sequence 3062
> Current log# 2 seq# 3062 mem# 0: D:\ORANT\O41D\REDO02.LOG
> Wed Dec 22 17:02:37 1999
> CKPT: terminating instance due to error 472
> Instance terminated by CKPT, pid = 232
> Dump file D:\ORANT\O41D\bdump\o41dALRT.LOG
>
> Will any one please help to identify why instance is going
> down. How to interpret "CKPT: terminating instance due to
> error 472".

Sameer,
Do you have a separate trace file as well? The usual name is *ckpt*.trc (something with "ckpt" in it and ending with ".trc")
Usually more detailed information can be found there. Otherwise ask Oracle support what "error 472" is!

--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/> Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 12:08:50 CST