ODBC and different Languages

From: Thomas Rieffel <thomasr_at_fun.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:33:56 +0100

Hello,

Im running Oracle 8.0.5 on a Linux Maschine and I have a Client installed on a Windows NT machine.
We have an Application, wich connects with the Oracle-ODBC driver to the Linux-Maschine. But if it writes Data to the Database, all german special letters get lost or are converted into other Letters. Does anyone know, if I can set something like nls_language for the ODBC-Driver or can tell the drive in an other way that it sends German letters correct.

Thanks,

Thomas Rieffel

fun communications GmbH
Brauerstraße 6 D-76135 Karlsruhe Germany Tel: +49 721 964480 Fax: +49 721 96448-22 eMail: thomasr@fun.de http://www.fun.de