Wanted to know some info about top 1 query in cursors

From: sudhakar <sudhakar_kbNOsuSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 06:53:10 -0800

Hi all,
I want to know what are the limitations of cursors in terms of sql
I am getting error when for the following procedures...... 1.
create or replace procedure test is
Cursor Cur_SecRes is
select secresdesc,secrescode from
(SELECT SECRESDESC,secrescode FROM SECONDARYRES group BY secrescode asc, SECRESDESC desc)
WHERE ROWNUM=1;
Begin
for x in Cur_SecRes
loop
dbms_output.put_line(x.secrescode | | ' ,' | | x.secresdesc);
end loop;
End;
The above procedure is opens the top q query, which is required for imporving performance. The query is running in Sql Plus, but if I include the query in PL sql block it is giving error.
Is there any way out for running the above query, If any body knows then please let me know at
sudhakar_kb_at_hotmail.com

Similarly the second procedure is giving error...... 2.
create or replace procedure test is
Cursor Cur_SecRes is
SELECT SECRESDESC,secrescode FROM SECONDARYRES order BY SECRESDESC desc,secrescode
union all
SELECT priRESDESC,prirescode FROM priONDARYRES order BY SECRESDESC desc,secrescode;
begin
for x in Cur_SecRes
loop
dbms_output.put_line(x.secrescode | | ' ,' | | x.secresdesc);
end loop;
end;

overall I need to know the limitations of cursor or pl sql block,

Thanks in advance.....

Regards,
sudhakar