HELP:Tracking of changes in database-records

From: Stein Andersen <stein.andersen_at_no.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:57:04 -0000

We are planning a new system where we want to keep track of changes in various database records, whith at least the following information generated

  1. Oracle User which made the change
  2. The userss PC
  3. Timestamp
  4. Information about database-record

The information about the database-record, should include:

  1. Field Changed
  2. Old and new value

We are thinking about the following solutions:

  1. Triggers, but they are easy to disable and sneek past
  2. Application, easy to bypass using other tools

Does Oracle have any built in mecanism that may be used:

  1. Auditing: Is only general information kept, not data ?
  2. Other mecanisms ?

Yours Sincrely
Stein Andersen Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 09:57:04 CST