Returning result set from a stored procedure?

From: Anders Permats <anders_at_webgiro.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:25:15 +0100

Hi,

This is probably a common question, but I am unable to find a good answer to it.

How do I return a result set from a stored procedure in Oracle? I am using Java and JDBC and we are accessing several databases like InterBase and Sybase.
We always use stored procedures to interface the databases also when retrieving information.
So we would like to NOT use any special tricks like passinng cursor handles or array output
parameters in Oracle.
However if those tricks are the only way to do it, does anyone know how to do it or know of an FAQ
or something that describes how.

Or do everybody still use plain SQL in the code?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Anders Permats Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 08:25:15 CST