Re: Backup for Oracle8i

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:10:46 -0500

Which OS? What are the database requirements for being online? Is your enterprise using an enterprise backup tool where you can just get a client for your OS?

We just went through a backup software consolidation project where we moved off four different backup packages and moved everything onto Veritas Netbackup. Netbackup has clients for just about every OS and works with RMAN quite well.