oracle8i client and oracle8 server, proc problem

From: Gabor Dolla <agdolla_at_mezon.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 14:25:58 +0100

Hi,

I have an Oracle8 server (8.0.6) on Solaris 2.5.1 running on Sparc. I installed Oracle8i client (8.1.5) on linux (Redhat 6.1).

With sqlplus it works, but using proc it fails. First I thought that it was my piece of program, but it fails with the demo software too, producing the same error message as my program.

$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc/ ansidyn1 and ansidyn2 fails when I try to issue a simple sql query with the following error:

ORA-01002: fetch out of sequence

The interesting thing is, that this error message generated when it tries to PREPARE the dynamic statement, and not when it tries to fetch.

Any idea ??

Gabor Dolla <agdolla_at_mezon.net> Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 07:25:58 CST