Re: help! no sys/system password (resolved!!)

From: <ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:59:59 GMT

thanks all for the suggestions. I ended up calling Oracle on this, they had me check for a TWO_TASK variable (there was none) then had me check my network\admin\sqlnet.ora file. I commented out SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES then I changed my AUTOMATICE_IPC setting from OFF to FALSE. I was then able to connect internal with no password and change sys/system pws.

The help desk was very surprised to hear the IPC was OFF, valid options are only TRUE/FALSE. Yet another friend of mine, a longtime Oracle DBA checked his site and found the setting ON. hmmm...

In article <83e6kr$9nr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> hi all;
>
> I'm trying to startup an instance and can't find the sys or system
> passwords (picking up support from some guy who's left...) I've got
> the oracle OS id, and it owns everything below $ORACLE_HOME, yet
> connect internal still prompts me for a password.
>
> looking for pretty much any way to get in. Some things I've looked
> at...
>
> orapwd - not sure how to tell if there's an existing pw file (find
*pw*
> revealed nothing) and if I care if I overwrite it. there's no
> REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE parameter in the initSID.ora file, implying
> OS authentication? My understanding, I would only want a pw file if I
> wanted remote administration?
>
> there's an export file, can I somehow decrypt the sys pw from there?
>
> it's Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.3.0.0
>
> thanks for any help
>
> Cary
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 06:59:59 CST