Oracle + Netware + NDS Authentication

From: <edpp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:34:25 GMT

Hi,

We are using Oracle 8.0.4 on Netware5 + NDS Authentication.

Everything goes fine, we just have one doubt:

Using NDS Authentication, users can't log on Database without connect to NDS (or an NW File Server)... You must be connected to NDS prior to connect to Oracle (which is automatic using the 'connect /@service').

This is great, but sometimes we aren't connected to NDS and then, we can't connect to Oracle!

Is there an way to connect to oracle using the username/password stored in NDS but without an "NDS connection"/"connected to NDS"?

Thanks in advance!
Eduardo D Piovesam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 05:34:25 CST