Re: Replication won't work on 8i

From: Wayne Menzie <waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 10:22:06 GMT

hasso@*remove*to*mail*korel.ee (Hasso Brück) wrote in <83q4gj$sbr$1_at_kadri.ut.ee>:

>may be your database link really doesnt work ? ;-)
>try it manually (select * from remotetable_at_dblinkname")

I ended up uninstalling 8i then reinstalling. I found the scripts in the Replication API reference and was able to get working database links eventually.

>and if this doesn't work, look at "global_names" parameter in
>init<SID>.ora for both databases. It's a long story with global_names,
>but if you don't set them right your dblink won't work. And replication
>too ...

I have global_names set to true.

I was able to add a master site to a replication group finally. Now I'm finding that dba_repcatlog is still full of requests that are supposedly ready:

REQUEST                       STATUS
----------------------------- --------------
COPY_FLAVOR_DEFINITIONS       READY
CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT       READY
CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT       READY
CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT       READY
CREATE_MASTER_REPOBJECT       READY
ADD_MASTER_DATABASE           READY
GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY

GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
GENERATE_INTERNAL_PKG_SUPPORT READY
RESUME_MASTER_ACTIVITY        READY
RESUME_MASTER_ACTIVITY        READY

12 rows selected.

I manually called DBMS_REPCAT.DO_DEFERRED_REPCAT_ADMIN but those 12 requests stay in the queue. Is there a reason why they wouldn't complete. The tables haven't been created on the second master yet which would seem to be integral to replicating the data. :)

Any additional help is appreciated.

Wayne Menzie Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 04:22:06 CST