Re: Tuning latches

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:38:46 GMT

Hello Robert,

For a good explanation of general latch tuning issues, please see chapter 3 of my book "Oracle Internal Services for Waits, Latches, Locks and Memory" (2nd URL below).

For information about the 'redo copy' latches, please see the tip on "Redo Latch Tuning" on my web site (1st URL below). I have not written much about the 'session idle bit' latches, because they are almost never a problem.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/