Re: Move whole database

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 1999/12/21

Hopefully Immo didn't try this yet. It is completely wrong Steps to be executed
1 make a cold backup of that database (You never know) 2 restart the database and in svrmgr<xx>

   issue
   alter database backup controlfile to trace    then
   show parameter user_dump_dest
   the trace file will be located in that directory. 3 take the whole lot to the new server including that trace file 4 alter the control_files parameter in init<sid>.ora 5 edit the tracefile created in step 2 to reflect the new directory names 6 start the services
7 run the trace file through svrmgr<xx>
Now you should be set

Hth,

--