Re: Replication won't work on 8i

From: Wayne Menzie <waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:43:34 GMT

psharman_at_us.oracle.com (Pete Sharman) wrote in <385FEC88.9B578B79_at_us.oracle.com>:

>Wayne
>
>It's a bit difficult to tell without the exact error message. Do you
>have that handy? In the meantime, what happens when you try to use both
>the public and private database link? You may also want to get onto
>Support as they have sample scripts that do work for each version (maybe
>available through MetaLink or technet, I'm not sure).
>
>HTH.
>
>Pete

Thanks for the help. I'm going to give it another try without the Replication Manager wizard. Since I'm evaluating Oracle, I don't believe I can access MetaLink and I didn't see anything on technet. Any other place to find sample scripts?

If have any more problems, I'll write down the exact error message and try the database links to see if they work independently. I uninstalled Oracle and reinstalled it today so I can't duplicate the exact problem. I hope it was just some bug in the Replication Manager wizard that fubared the database.

Wayne Menzie Received on Tue Dec 21 1999 - 18:43:34 CST