Really nice puzzle,but interested

From: Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw>
Date: 20 Dec 1999 09:37:02 GMT

Hello all,

I have a application system with many formulas. For user friendly,all of the formulas are defined by application user. Formulas are updated frequently but variables are constant. like this :
Now Formula1 = ( A + B ) / C ,
BUT maybe next month it becomes ( A + (B * 1.1) ) / ( C + 1) Anyway,Formula1 always need 3 variables : A ,B and C But expression is often changed.
So I create a table to store all the formula: Table Name : TEMP
Column : F_Name varchar2(50) , F_Expre varchar2(200) , Modified Date

F_Name     F_Expre                                   modified
Formula1   ( A + B ) / C                               1999-12-03
Formula2   ( A +  B + C )  * ( D + 0.5 )      1999-11-15

But when I coding stored procedure,
ex. create procedure compute_formula1 (A in number,B in number,C in number)

      as ... begin ..... end;

I don't know how to compute the formulas,cause they are VARCHAR. If you know how to solve the problem,please tell me. I'll very appreciate it.

Best Regards.

Violin.
violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 03:37:02 CST