faster import in v.7.1 than in v.7.3

From: maherkh <maherkhNOmaSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:32:18 -0800

I have noticed that importing into a table with a unique index was much faster on oracle v7.1 on VMS platform rather than oracle v7.3. It seems that it takes much more time to reject the duplicated records in v7.3 than in v7.1. I appreciate if someone knows about a work around to reduce the time of import. And to explain what is the reason of the slower import ...

Note, both machines are of a similar setup. In fact the configuration of v7.3 machine is more powerful.

Regards

Maher Alkhateeb
Oracle DBA