connect sys/manager a s sysdba

From: SJWNet <scottjw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 19:22:20 GMT

At the SVRMGR command line I am connect using "connect sys/manager". That connection is fine. When I try to connect "connect sys/manager as sysdba", I am getting an Oracle-01017 error message (invalid username/password; logon denied). I am tring to connect as sysdba to do a shutdown immediate, then create a database from the SVRMGR command line. I am using Oracle8 Personal Edition (8.0.4.0.0) and Oracle8 Navigator. How is the SYSDBA privelege granted to the user sys in this instance? When I attempt to grant the SYSDBA privelege to the user sys in the Oracle8 Navigator, I get the ORA-01031 error message (insufficient priveleges). I want to approace this from SVRMGR and Oracle8 Navigator. What is the remedy/cure to this approach?

--
SJWNet
NT Novice

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 13:22:20 CST