value of CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER

From: <richard_chen_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:08:05 GMT

Hello,

Does anyone have a good explanation of this parameter defined in listener.ora? What I found is this:

CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER determines the amount of time the listener will wait for a valid connection request after a connection has been started

If the connection has already been started, why the wait again?

The default value is 10 seconds. I have seen a setup where this is changed to 30 seconds. I would like to know what is the consequence of that. It does not seem to work well.

Thanks for any info.

Richard

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 11:08:05 CST