Re: dumprep utility for Alpha?

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 99 10:50:43 GMT

In article <3856ac99_at_dnews.reed.edu> josh.dubois_at_reed.edu writes:

> I am trying to convert some very old ReportWriter reports into
>ProC. I have some documentaion of ReportWriter 1.1 that indicates that
>a utility called 'dumprep' was available with the ReportWriter package,
>and that it would output an ascii representation of the report.
>Apperantly, though, our ReportWriter tools here were simply copied from
>an old machine (now de-commissioned, I think) to the one we use
>currently, and we've only got the sqlrep and runrep utilities (and
>maybe some others, I guess, but in any case no 'dumprep').

Um, no. dumprep exports one or more 1.1 reports to an export file in a format understood by ReportWriter 1.1 and possibly Reports 2 and higher. The export files are not strict ASCII files.

Philip

 Philip Chee: Tasek Corporation Berhad, P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA   e-mail: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my Voice:+60-5-545-1011 Fax:+60-5-547-3932    Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief,
---
 þ 10260.33 þ If it's useless, it will have to be documented. Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 04:50:43 CST