Re: Password File problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 14:59:15 +0100

Of course you can't add users to a public password file, because by taking out the parameter it went back to it's default NONE which means 'don't use the passwordfile!'
While the orapwd utility gives the impression you can choose any filename for the passwordfile you actually can't. It should always be named orapw<SID>
It would have been helpful if you would have posted the exact message.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA