Re: failover

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:05:29 +0100

Alexey Raschepkin wrote:
> Does Oracle server support failover configurations ?
> I mean some kind of software cluster or the like ?

Oracle has a plug-in for the Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS). This one is called "Oracle Fail-Safe"

Other clustering products (e.g. MC/ServiceGuard for HP-UX) can be supported easily by just adding the start/stop commands into the cluster configuration files.

Erwin
--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/> Received on Sat Dec 18 1999 - 06:05:29 CST