OracleStartSID won't start

From: S. Han <shan168_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:52:38 GMT

Hi,

I got this problem that I ahve never seen before:

  1. I uninstalled the Oracle NT server completely including removing all datafiles, registries for "oracle", and registries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>system>...>services>Oraclexxx.
  2. Then I installed Oracle to the same machine but a bigger disk.
  3. Finally I created a database using: oradim80 -new -sid... oradim80 -startup -sid ...

Everything seems fine so far. If I start the database from svrmgr30, it will be ok. The strange thing is if I try to start the database from services in control panel, OracleStartSID service somehow is missing from that panel! I checked the service registry (in regedit) and found OracleStartSID truly exists in the registry, but the contents are all empty! I have tried "oradim80 -startup ..." several times but nothing happens.

Can anybody help! I'll really appreciate it!!!

Steph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 22:52:38 CST