Re: Oracle 8.1.5 and MTS

From: Michael D. Long <lead_dog_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 21:06:02 -0500

I assume that you are referring to Microsoft Transaction Server, right?

You can use either the Oracle 7.3.4.x or 8.0.5.x clients, though I strongly recommend 8.0.5.2.2 (or higher, as available). The v7 client generates AV's under load, but the 8.0.5.1.0 (with patches) and 8.0.5.2.2 will both work in your environment.

If you are building apps that are mission critical then I recommend that you build a prototype of your architecture and benchmark heavily and perform analysis in a scientific manner.

Mike