Oracle TNS error w. Apache Jserv

From: Greg McCann <gregm_at_well.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:28:21 -0800

 I am able to connect to my Oracle 8i database with sqlplus. I can also connect using JDBC in a Java applet run from the command line. However when I try to connect using the same connection parameters through Apache Jserv, I get the error - ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name.

What could the problem be? It would be helpful if the message told me *what* service name it was having trouble with so I could see if my parameters are being passed correctly. I checked my listener.log, but it only lists successful connections. Can I configure it to log failed attempts also?

I'm stumped. Thanks for any help.

PS - Please cc my email address if you don't mind. I'm going on vacation soon and may not be able to access the newsgroup.

Greg
--

Gregory McCann
http://www.calypteanna.com

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." Saint Philo of Alexandria Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 17:28:21 CST