Re: Migrating from Oracle 7.3.4.4 to 8.x

From: Christopher Avery <cavery_at_dc.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 14:00:28 -0500

The change in the rowid format is one important issue and there are a number of init.ora parameters that you may want to use. There is a migration utility and you should probably use that to do the migration although the export - import will also work. Especially, check out your default date format.