Re: Modify MAXDATAFILES

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:07:11 GMT

In article <83dgu4$5ia$1_at_news5.isdnet.net>,   "Christophe DECHAUNE" <christophe.dechaune_at_libertysurf.fr> wrote:
> Hello World,
>
> I'd created a database on 7.3.4 / NT 4 - SP5 with 32 maxdatafiles.
I'm now
> on the max and I have to add a datafile in my database.
>
> Must I drop and create a new Instance.
> Is there a parameter to be set (I've tried DB_FILES in init file)
>
> Thank's for your ideas
>
> Christophe

You should be able to re-create your control file with an increased maximum number of datafiles as you can on a UNIX or VMS system. The procedure is documented in the DBA Administration manaual. Also see the SQL manual entries for 'create controlfile' and 'alter database backup controlfile to xxxx'.

--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 11:07:11 CST