Re: Is there a way to clone additonal database ?

From: peter <wu0020_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 17:05:36 GMT

just copy all data file including control file, prameter file into different location.
modify your ini file to point to new location of your control file, chage oracle_sid name. and start it up using svrmgrl. Of course you will get error message like can't find data file, Don't worry, startup with no mount option.
issue the following command to modify path of you new datafile:

alter system rename datafile 'filename' to 'new file name';