Re: Enable Table Partition feature.

From: Valucap <valuecap_at_imediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:35:47 -0500

Check your software CD. Partition option available only in enterptise edition. If your install menu doesnot list it, you cannot use it. (Though you can see data dictionary views for partition tables and catpart.sql in the rdbms/admin directory, still you cannot use it. )

--Siva Kumar
skvcap_at_yahoo.com

Arun Patel <arunpatel_at_sprint.ca> wrote in message news:fJa64.12557$uj2.347102_at_newscontent-01.sprint.ca...
> Dear friends,
>
> I'm unable to create partition table in Oracle8 Database. I get and error
> "Partition feature is not enabled'
>
> Can anybody tell me what parameter should I enable ?
>
> Second is, DBA_WAITERS view does not exist in my database. I want to use
> this view for lock contention. I ran Catalog.sql scrip again but still it
> does not create any view. I saw in DBA_OBJECTS and V$DICTIONARY view.
But