Re: Enable Table Partition feature.

From: Philip Douglass <_at_>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 03:17:46 GMT

I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your first question, since we don't currently use partitioned tables, but as for the second question, you need to run the catblock.sql script (in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin for UNIX). catalog.sql does not run catblock.sql

Arun Patel <arunpatel_at_sprint.ca> wrote ...
> Dear friends,
>
> I'm unable to create partition table in Oracle8 Database. I get and error
> "Partition feature is not enabled'
>
> Can anybody tell me what parameter should I enable ?
>
> Second is, DBA_WAITERS view does not exist in my database. I want to use
> this view for lock contention. I ran Catalog.sql scrip again but still it
> does not create any view. I saw in DBA_OBJECTS and V$DICTIONARY view.
But